Our Clients - We Value Most
We have 15 years’ experience in helping clients turn their unused spaces into beautifully designed rooms. Whatever your requirements we have the expertise. With our team of professional surveyors, architectural, administration and construction staff we will design, plan and construct your loft conversion or extension to meet your individual needs and budget. All constructions are overseen by our Operation Manager, to ensure smooth running and compliance with the necessary legislation and current Health and Safety requirements
We are aware that for many clients it is stressful and confusing area. From the Initial survey, you will be given a fully inclusive quote – we will take care of the architectural plans, Building Regulation approvals and if necessary any planning requirements to completion. We will guide you through the process with the minimum of disruption to a first class finish.
Our complete project managed Loft Conversion Service allows you to sit back, relax and watch your Loft Conversion develop into a beautiful living space.
Free Initial Survey
We will provide a free of charge initial survey of your loft and necessary requirements. Following, your surveyor will consider the best solution to suit your individual needs and budget.
Planning and Building Control Regulations - Planning Regulations
U.K. Planning laws were relaxed in October 2008, so most loft conversions will be considered part of your property’s‘Permitted Development Rights‘ therefore, most loft conversions or garage conversions will only need Building Regulations Approval. Planning Permission.
For more information regarding your ‘Permitted Development Rights’ visit the interactive house Planning Portal for loft conversions. If Planning Permission is required it takes up to 6-8 weeks to gain approvals. If you are unsure whether your property has its ‘Permitted Development Rights’ intact check with you local Council, they can advise you accordingly. If your property is located in a Trust Area it is also required to obtain Trustee consent which can take up to 6-8 weeks.
Building Regulations are concerned with the structural safety of the build. They are responsible for the checking and approval of plans prior to construction. Building Inspectors will visit during construction at various stages to check that the build is completed to the correct specification -these take approximately 6 weeks to obtain.
The whole process, from survey to Building Regulations approvals should take no longer than 8 – 12 weeks. Once all relevant approvals are gained, we will agree with you a start date for work to commence (if planning permission is required, could take up to an additional 6- 8 weeks).
Expert Loft Conversion Design
We have almost two decades’ experience and have completed thousands of conversions, creating spacious rooms out of previous unused storage spaces around the North East of England including Newcastle, Gateshead, Sunderland, Durham,Alnwick, Hexham, Tynemouth, South Shields, Ponteland, Morpeth, Haltwhistle, Corbridge, Consett, Whickham,Tyneside, Cumbria and Northumberland. You can trust that you are in good hands. “But I have a Trussed Roof!” – No problem so long as you have a minimum height of 2.3 metres from the floor to the ridge (Highest point), we can create a loft conversion to suit your individual needs. Combined with our excellent standards of construction, our expert design service ensures your loft conversion or garage conversion adds real value to your home, not just floor space. Our architectural design service is available individually or as part of our complete managed service, it includes:
- Detailed survey (free of charge)
- Outline plans & location plans
- Existing & proposed elevations
- New room layouts
- Sectional drawings detailing achievable headroom
- Staircase location – design & calculations
- Specification for building to current regulations
- Floor joist / steel structure layout & details
- Sectional details
- Structural calculations
- Building control application
- Planning application (where relevant)
- Liaison with Building Control & Local Authorities
- Communication & briefing of any amendments
- Competitive quote for complete project
Complete Project Management
From the erecting of any scaffolding and delivery of materials, the construction of your garage or loft conversion is expected to take between 4 – 6 weeks depending on the individual project. Each aspect of the construction is managed on your behalf, including the removal and relocation of tanks and pipe works, roofing, electrics, plumbing, plastering and joinery. Whatever is necessary to complete your garage or loft conversion to the highest possible standard is managed ensuring the construction runs as smooth as possible.
- Our Operations Manager will arrange to visit your property to complete a pre-build survey. This is an extremely important visit. You will have the opportunity to ask any questions, be guided through the construction process and confirm any personal interior material specifications.
- All the necessary components for the construction will be assessed, quantified and ordered.
- We will agree a start date for your Garage or Loft Conversion, ensuring you have the opportunity to plan around any personal commitments.
- Materials will be delivered on the agreed start date.
- The construction schedule which includes roofing, plumbing, electrics, plastering and carpentry will be completely managed by our Operations Manager.
- Your bespoke stair parts will be manufactured in our joinery workshop by experienced joiners ready to be fitted as required.
The Construction Process
- Scaffolding will be erected and materials are delivered on the agreed start date.
- The construction schedule which includes, roofing,plumbing, electrics, plastering and carpentry will be completely managed by our Operations Team.
- During the construction process building inspections will take place to maintain quality and Building Regulation compliance.
- Your bespoke stairs will be manufactured in our joinery workshop by experienced joiners ready to be fitted as required.
- Plastering will be carried out. This is an exciting time when you really see your conversion become part of your home.
- The second fix process including electrics, plumbing and carpentry will be completed.
- A Final inspection will be carried out by the appointed Building Control and a Completion Certificate will be issued.